Hosted in a different country every year, these events are a great opportunity to meet leading experts from computational neuroscience, neuroscience methodology and experimental neuroscience!
- Dates and Hours: Every Tuesday from September 5, 2023, to November 28, 2023, at 16:30-18:30
- Location: Online
- Language: English
- Cost: Free
- Requirements for participation: good English language skills and basic programming expertise (Python, Matlab)
- Gain insights into constructing brain models and processing multimodal imaging data
- Learn to run simulations and utilize neuroinformatics tools, including the Charité/BIH Virtual Research Environment
- Understand the principles of brain network modeling and explore the open-source neuroinformatics platform, The Virtual Brain (TVB)
- Week 1 – "The Virtual Brain - Overview" by Prof. Dr. Petra Ritter
- Week 2 – "Introduction to The Virtual Brain" by Dr. Julie Courtiol
- Week 3 – "Modeling Neurodegeneration" by Dr. Leon Stefanovski
- Week 4 – "Integrating Biological Knowledge in Brain Network Models" by Leon Martin, M.Sc.
- Week 5 – "Combining AI and Brain Modeling" by Dr. Kiret Dhindsa
- Week 6 – "The Virtual Brain and Multiscale Co-Simulation" by Dr. Dionysios Perdikis
- Week 7 – "Generating Virtual Brains Using Tailored Brain Image Processing Workflows" by Patrik Bey, M.Sc.
- Week 8 – "In Silico Optimization of Deep Brain Stimulation" by Dr. Jil Meier
- Week 9 – "TVB-Positron Emission Tomography" by Dr. Halgurd Taher
- Week 10 – "Understanding Principles of Traveling Waves" by Dominik Koller, M.Sc.
- Week 11 – "Workflows on GDPR Compliant Platforms: Virtual Research Environment and Health Data Cloud" by Dr. Michael Schirner
- Week 12 – "Modeling Mechanisms of Psychosis" by Dr. Konstantin Bülau
- M.Sc. Level: 2 ECTS (by Bernstein Center Computational Neuroscience Berlin)
- Ph.D. Level: 3 ECTS (by Charité Promotionsumgebung)
We are excited to announce the much-anticipated return of our Virtual Course Series: "The Virtual Brain in Clinical Research: An Introduction" for the Fall 2023 edition!
We are thrilled to welcome you back to our Virtual Course Series for Fall 2023! This comprehensive course, led by the Brain Simulation Section, offers an in-depth introduction to The Virtual Brain neuroinformatics platform and supporting tools to address medical questions. Whether you are a Master's student or a Ph.D. candidate, this course is designed to equip you with essential knowledge and skills in personalized brain network modeling and simulation.
The course comprises 12 weeks of engaging content, covering a wide range of topics related to brain network modeling and its applications in clinical research. Here's a brief overview of what you can expect:
Access the recordings of the course
Watch the replay of the course on our YouTube Channel.
Find out More
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your understanding of brain network modeling and simulation! Registration is free but mandatory, and the course can be completed in one semester.
To register and access the online course, please use the online registration form. Registration remains open throughout the duration of the course.
For more information and lecture materials, download the information sheet below.
We look forward to your participation in this exciting educational journey!